
1.
Interpersonal
conflict situation (context of the conflict, people involved, main problem,
possible causes)
Amy and Bree have known each other for
10 years since they were in the kindergarten. They talk each other all about
their secrets such as the final term grade, stories about boyfriend, and family
occasions. One day, Amy said that she and her boyfriend are broken up since the
boyfriend lied to her. Amy cried day and night, Bree was the only one who is
next to her and mollifying her.
After a few days, Bree saw Amy and her
boyfriend are dating at the café in the downtown. Bree felt betrayed since she
tried to look for man who can be a good lover to Amy. So Bree got angry and
wanted to say something to Amy about the situation. Then she called Amy and
said “I saw you and your ex-boyfriend at the café. How did you do that! Why you
didn’t say you met again your boyfriend. I feel betrayed!” But Amy’s answer was somewhat ironical. “I
didn’t say about this for you, Bree”.

2.
Identify
the feelings and/or motivations of the people involved.
In this case, It is natural that Bree
felt betrayed since she spend lots of time with Amy and tried hard to find
another man for her. However, Amy said that not saying to Bree was for her. Amy
got message and her boyfriend made an apology. She was happy but she might not
sure this relation is going on. On top of that, Amy felt sorry to her friend
Bree since she spent much time to mollify her. Amy thought that Bree feel angry
if she gets to know about her dating with her boyfriend.
3.
Considering
the main problem and your search for a solution
I think the Amy’s lie is the main
problem in this case. Though Amy considered Bree and lied, it makes the
situation worse. If she told Bree the truth when her boyfriend sent a message,
this situation could be prohibited.
Hence, I think that Amy should apologize
to Bree and explain her intension and worries. After that, they should talk
about their needs each other. By doing so, they can make a settlement between
them. Saying openheartedly and politely is one of the important things which
should be considered between close relationships like family, lovers, and
friends.
4.
Ask
for feedback from your readers in the form of ONE Question
Now I want to ask if phone-call which
Bree made was good. If not, I want to hear your alternatives.
*Thank you very much for reading! Since
I didn’t have many chances to write in English, there are some mistakes of
grammars and usage of the words. Feel free to point out the flaw if you find
something.
Hey Saerom :)
답글삭제I really think calling Amy on the phone was not the best thing to do. I think she should have met up with Amy on another day and talked it out with her then. This would also give Bree time to cool down and also perhaps try to see things from Amy's point of view. Bree will also be able to personally clarify any doubts (maybe about why Amy chose not to update Bree about her relationship) on the spot. This could clear up the misunderstanding and prevent it too, maybe? :)
P.S. I hope Amy and Bree are still friends! :(
Hi Saerom,
답글삭제loving the pictures you put on your blog. It makes reading more interesting. :)